Idris Elba Talks Ghost Rider: The Spirit Of Vengeance, How The Best Revenge Is None At All And Ignoring Race In Hollyweird!

Y’all already know how much we appreciate Idris Elba for his ruggedly handsome good looks, incredible swagger and British charm so when we had the chance to chat with him about his upcoming role in Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance we jumped at it.

Along with the film, we also spoke with Idris about his recent Golden Globes win and how he feels about the role race plays in Hollyweird. Check out our interview below:

BOSSIP: You have an upcoming film, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. Can you tell me about what role your character Moreau plays in the film?

Idris Elba: The character is sort of a warrior for hire, he is a priest but he also rides motorcycles, he likes wine, and he’s a monk, but he gets sent on a mission to find the ghost rider in this film. When you meet him, that’s where he has been, he has been trying to find the ghostrider. It’s a fun character for me, a lot of action stuff, I got to dress up, eye color change and I look a little crazy in the film but, it was a lot of fun!

BOSSIP: You recently did the Thor movie as well, so, you are getting these Marvel characters down. Do you have your eye on any other Marvel parts like maybe a black superhero?
Idris Elba: Yea, Marvel is a huge. It’s interesting, because my characters Moreau and Heimdall are not really related but in my head and my personal space, I think that they are related.
I have thought about playing another superhero, like maybe Luke Chase, would be an interesting one to go for. I don’t know, we will see, I think some comic films are good and some are not. I would rather make a superhero character that is really good from scratch than make one that no one is interested in seeing yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment